Tuesday, January 23, 2007

it is snowing today...



The Snowfall Is So Silent
The snowfall is so silent,
so slow, bit by bit,
with delicacy it settles down
on the earth
and covers over the fields.
~ Miguel de Unamuno ~

The snow is falling ever so gently here on the Manitoba prairies, and I LOVE IT! As it does for many, it reminds me of a fresh start, a clean journal page, a story ready to be written. Fitting, I think, as I embark on this new blogging experience and the new opportunities I will have to connect with others about life, God and this crazy world we call home.

I do love snow. Always have. Good thing, too, because I am born and raised in Prairie-land, and like it or not, we get our fair share of snow around here. I have always been facinated by snowflakes and their artisitc beauty. (Yahoo!! I am not the only one! Check out SnowCrystals for someone who has made it their life work to study crystal formations and photography! Stunning!!)

It is surmised that each snowflake - like each person - is uniquely created, each with a dazzling beauty of its own. I look forward to exploring that wonderous creativity with you and honoring the One who made it all.....

No comments: