Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Psalm 121

Why worry :)?

Because it is the easiest thing to do in all the world!

I can so quickly worry about all sorts of things - present things, future things, past things. My God-given imagination runs wild as my human nature wrestles with the realities of this world. What if what if what if.

Sigh.

The events of our summer have reminded me - uncomfortably - how things happen very differently than you expect sometimes. That is something I struggle to reconcile. I want things to be safe, secure, free of pain and harm.

And sometimes the LORD permits a reminder that He is in charge and I am not.

And then I ask - Dear LORD, how should I pray in all of this? Where are you in all this worry :)?

And slowly, carefully, surely the answer comes...

I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forever more.
Psalm 121

Oh LORD. Forgive my worrying heart.

3 comments:

Roo said...

amen my friend. thank you for sharing this. it touched my heart. i am reading a book by viktor frankl -- and this post links in with it aswell. :)

Robin Fehr said...

A great reminder I agree.
These are the scriptures we SHOULD be filling our minds with always.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love that scripture as well. I love his promises to us. When I read your write up I got goosebumps.
Know that you are always in our prayers.
(I love those little peanuts too:))

Luv
Tanis